Tuesday 8 October 2013

Tips Successful of Larry Page


Secrets for entrepreneur success: Larry Page founded Google on a sleep dream

If you want great success, start by dreaming it. Literally.

Google co-founder Larry Page revealed in his 2009 commencement address to the University of Michigan that the basic platform for google was based on a sleep dream he had in college.

Page, then 23, took the source material of his dream and worked it and worked it.

A Vivid Dream

Page told the college grads that he had a "vivid dream" at age 23 that woke him up in the middle of the night that he just had to write down.

"When I suddenly woke up," said Page in his address, "I was thinking: what if we could download the whole web, and just keep the links and... I grabbed a pen and started writing!...I spent the middle of that night scribbling out the details and convincing myself it would work...When a really great dream shows up, grab it!""

Dream Incubation, dream with intention and how to get started

Page used a technique called "dream growing" or "dream incubation."

By thinking about the topic your dreams can help give you answers on how to solve it or move forward. Some people call it "dream incubation." To learn how, click here.

How to make your dreams real according to Larry Page

Here is an extended excerpt of what Page said to the college grads and click here for the whole thing.

"I have a story about following dreams. Or maybe more accurately, it's a story about finding a path to make those dreams real.

You know what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night with a vivid dream? And you know how, if you don't have a pencil and pad by the bed to write it down, it will be completely gone the next morning?

Well, I had one of those dreams when I was 23. When I suddenly woke up, I was thinking: what if we could download the whole web, and just keep the links and... I grabbed a pen and started writing!

Sometimes it is important to wake up and stop dreaming. I spent the middle of that night scribbling out the details and convincing myself it would work...When a really great dream shows up, grab it!"...

Page then gives his advice for turning those dream inspirations into action.

..."I think it is often easier to make progress on mega-ambitious dreams. I know that sounds completely nuts. But, since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition...You are probably on the right track if you feel like a sidewalk worm during a rainstorm! That is about how we felt after we maxed out three credit cards buying hard disks off the back of a truck.

That was the first hardware for Google. Parents and friends: more credit cards always help. What is the one sentence summary of how you change the world? Always work hard on something uncomfortably exciting!"

By: Roger Ziegler
Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/secrets-for-entrepreneur-success-larry-page-founded-google-on-a-sleep-dream

No comments:

Post a Comment